Natasha Celmi is a chef, food stylist and now the author of the new bestseller cookbook, Fast Fresh Flavourful. Through her online culinary platform, Cucina Mia by Natasha, she now shares her passion for cooking modern cuisine in a practical and simplified manner.
This salad bursts with taste and freshness. It combines diverse flavours and textures and is easy to put together as well. And the ingredients are so skin-friendly!
–2 beetroots, steamed and cut like matchsticks
– 1 green mango, thinly sliced
– 1 cup cooked millets or any grains of your choice
– Fresh mint leaves, a handful
– Sprinkling of lime zest
– Flesh of a tender coconut or freshly grated coconut
– 2 garlic cloves, minced
– 1 chilli, finely chopped
– 1 tsp nigella seeds (kalonji)
– 1 tsp white sesame seeds
– Juice of ½ lime
– ¼ cup coconut water
– Drizzle of honey/ jaggery to taste
– Salt and pepper for seasoning
1. Combine the beetroot, mango, mint leaves and lime zest.
2. Make the dressing by whisking all ingredients together.
3. Before serving, add the coconut and millets and the dressing.
4. Top with sesame seeds and serve.